We at Donnie's Refuse Service know you are busy. We want to provide as much information as we can so you do not have to spend time getting in touch with us for information you need.
To help with that we have developed this 'frequently asked questions' or 'FAQ' section.
Also check out our 'about us' page which has some DRS Inc. policies
If you still need some more information; by all means feel free to get in touch with us. Thanks!
1. What is Donnie’s Refuse Service hours? We are open Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm.
2. How do I sign up for service? You may fill out a request form on the website or call the office during business hours.
3. What areas do we service? Please call the office during business hours and we'll be glad to assist you.
4. What services does Donnie’s Refuse Service provide? We provide garbage services (curbside or backyard) and recycle services (curbside only) and we also do light hauling on the side. Please let us know the area you are in so we can let you know which service is provided in that location.
5. Are there any fees upfront? Yes we require all customers to pay the first 3 months in advance.
6. How do I pay for my services? You can pay by phone, send in a check/money order, bill pay or we can do automatic withdrawals. Just let us know upfront when setting up service.
7. Is there a contract? There is not a contract unless we state it.
8. What sizes are the containers for trash and recycle? We provide a 96 gallon roll cart for trash and for recycle you can choose from 2 options of using two 18 gallon tub or the 64 gallon roll cart.
9. How many trash cans could I put out for pickup? If you are using your own cans curbside you can put out 2-3 cans and 3 bags outside the can. If you are using Donnie’s can you can put out 3 bags outside the can or add an extra can out there beside it.
10. How do I transfer my service to a different address or name? Please call the office during business hours and we'll be glad to assist you.
11. How do I cancel my service and is there any fees for canceling? Please call the office during business hours and no there isn’t any fee.
12. How can I place my account on “Vacation hold”? Please call the office during business hours and we'll be glad to assist you.
13. What should I do if I forget to put out my garbage or recycle? You will be required to pay a fee of $25 if we have to reroute for the pick-up; or you can wait until next week pick up.
14. Do we work holidays? We work all holidays except Christmas Day; if Christmas Day falls on a Weekend, then there will be no change in pick-up schedule.
15. Do we take bulky items? We do take bulky items depending on what it is. You have to schedule a day and time for pick up
16. Will bad weather change my pickup date? Our Inclement Weather guidelines state that if there is bad weather, we still ask you to put your garbage or recycling out. Depending on the weather, you may expect same or next day pick-up. We also post information on Channel 8 (WRIC) of any altered schedule.
Donnie's Refuse Service